Our objective: To reduce and mitigate our emissions, identify operational and reputational risks, and respond in ways that are aligned with the government’s first Emissions Reduction Plan which maps Aotearoa’s pathway towards meeting longer term climate targets.
Via a monitorable Environmental Management System (EMS) we undertake to:
- Establish our carbon emission footprint through collection and analysis of relevant data via our Property Services and Finance divisions, using optimised methodology and software
- Establish our goals and science based targets (SBTi) by working closely with Toitū Envirocare to leverage their internationally-recognised programmes and allow us to set sustainable emissions targets and reduction pathways
- Prioritise our initiatives to ensure we meet identified progress milestones, with a focus on measuring and reporting our scope 1 and 2 emissions
- Integrate the emission reduction roadmap prominently through our annual strategic business planning and budgeting process to ensure accountability to our key stakeholders, and create a scalable sustainability platform throughout our national franchise network.
As New Zealand’s largest full-service agency, Bayleys takes seriously the documented fact that the built environment – including residential and commercial buildings and infrastructure – is directly or indirectly responsible for a significant percentage of total global fuel combustion CO₂ and greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions. We are committed to leveraging our resources and influence to drive positive change in the sector.
- 11 managed assets with NABERSNZ energy performance ratings
- 175,000sqm of green or energy certified managed assets
- 6 NABERSNZ energy performance-rated Bayleys offices
- Harbour Grounds Sustainability Education Tour
- 2 managed portfolios completed the FY22 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- 4th year partnering with NZ Green Building Council
- 4 “Green” events hosted in 12 months
- 6 NABERSNZ energy and Green Star introductory training courses completed by Bayleys Property Services (BPS) staff
- 2 staff completed University of Cambridge’s Institute for Sustainability Leadership programme
- 4 environmental articles produced for media
- 32% reduction in printing output from 2021
- The appointment of Paula Bennett to the NZGBC Board